October 23, 2007

Musical Interlude


I haven't been posting as frequently here, except for my weekly conversations with Southern California curators, but because of the fires across the city, I thought I'd take a visual arts break and mention a concert I'm going to next week.

Coming up will be several performances by the LA Phil's next conductor, Gustavo Dudamel. Before he takes over the baton from Salonen, I thought it would be great to see him with his current orchestra, the Sinfónica Juventud Simón Bolívar.

This should be a great performance, since it will offer a preview of what Los Angeles will see in future seasons, as well as a chance to hear him conduct the orchestra he's most familiar with. It seems his influence is already happening, with the LA Phil reaching out with education programs.

This Summer I heard one of the pieces played by the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra, so next Thursday should make an interesting comparison. Check out the amazing video below, and then buy tickets!


Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for continuing the conversation by leaving a comment! If you post anonymously with a question, check back here in the comments section, as I'll usually reply in the comments section. Comments on posts older than two weeks are welcome, but are moderated, so they may take a while to appear. Irrelevant linking will be deleted.