August 21, 2008

Man Pays Over $60,000 for a Sheet of Paper

MFA Sheepskin

1987 BFA Diploma
Twenty years ago I got the last of the Bob Fitzpatrick-signed diplomas, when Catherine Lord was Dean and Tom Lawson was a visiting artist. Oddly the older one has the more modern design, a wacky vertical format, and came in a cloth-bound presentation case. I suspect some students complained and wanted a more traditional design with an old-style font. The cost to mail these certificates has doubled, while the tuition has gone up 4½ times.

Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

  1. I am a bit perplexed. Did I receive a BFA sheepskin or is the privilege only their for a master?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never got a diploma either. Man pays $100,000 for Unquantifiable Education.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for continuing the conversation by leaving a comment! If you post anonymously with a question, check back here in the comments section, as I'll usually reply in the comments section. Comments on posts older than two weeks are welcome, but are moderated, so they may take a while to appear. Irrelevant linking will be deleted.